The London Clinic
We have an exciting opportunity for a diagnostic radiographer to join our imaging team based at The London Clinic’s main hospital in Central London, W1G 6BW, with a competitive salary range on offer.
The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; caring, inspiring and pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. We have approx. 1300 employees across eight sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
As a diagnostic radiographer you will assist in the provision of a general x-ray, mammography, theatre and fluoroscopic imaging. Training in interventional radiology will also be provided, followed by participation in the on call system and weekend duties.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Monday to Saturday as rostered + on call commitments.
- Benefits package:
- Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%).
- Private medical healthcare.
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more.
- We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Act as an operator under IR(ME)R 2017 regulations, assess clinical justification of referrals to ensure that the benefit to the patient outweighs the radiation risk associated with the examination.
- Act as a patient and staff advocate by minimising their exposure to radiation.
- Provide efficient and courteous provision of radiographic services to the departments agreed standards whilst taking into account the patient’s clinical, physical and cultural needs.
- To participate in the departmental rota, being flexible in responding to service needs.
Skills and experience
- BSc in Radiography or equivalent.
- HCPC registered.
- Minimum 12 months previous experience working in a breast imaging department performing mammograms.
- Minimum 12 months previous experience in all general, theatre and mobile imaging and fluoroscopy procedures both at student and post graduate level.
- To be familiar with PACS, RIS systems.
To apply, please send your CV to Katherine Turpie at K.Turpie@thelondonclinic.co.uk
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic’s main hospital spans eight floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, general surgery; ENT; gynae; hepatobiliary; neuro; ophthalmic; orthopaedic; plastics; robotic; urology; vascular and bariatric surgery.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.