Blackrock Health, Blackrock Clinic, located in South Dublin is known for its advanced cardiac and orthopaedic care. We offer a range of services in areas such as neurology, oncology and gastroenterology at our hospital. We also provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging facilities and have over 150 consultants who work at Blackrock Clinic and provide access to the latest medical technologies.
Blackrock Health, Blackrock Clinic services are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our employees, with ongoing opportunities for education and professional development. We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages, as well as a range of flexible work arrangements to ensure a healthy work-life balance. With a focus on quality patient care and outcomes, we offer exciting opportunities for healthcare professionals looking to join our team.
- BSc in radiography or the equivalent and a recognised post qualification or 6 years post graduate experience.
- CORU registration.
- Mange and lead the nuclear medicine department.
- Ensure patient workflows are optimal for the nuclear medicine department.
- Supervise and train less experienced and new staff members in nuclear medicine department.
- Perform and lead clinical audits to identify areas for improvement.
- Responsibility for Quality Assurance within the department.
- Be familiar and comply with the radiology department guidelines and department protocols.
- Prepare patients for nuclear medicine procedures taking the physical and psychological needs of the patients into account.
- Ensure nuclear medicine safety protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure a high standard of patient care is maintained.
- Obtain intravenous access and administration of radionuclide required for procedures.
- Participating in the dispensing of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Training of staff in radiopharmaceutical preparation, aseptic technique, and product QA.
- Setting up and maintaining training records.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Performing radiopharmaceutical waste management.
- Undertake, when necessary, administrative tasks to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- Support the radiology services manager with new initiatives that are aimed at delivering the highest standards of patient care while adopting a cost consciences approach.
- Be a team player who motivates, supports and engages fellow colleagues in delivering clinical excellence and personal care.
- Regularly update your knowledge of new developments and promote awareness of these amongst colleagues.
- Ensure that appropriate radiation protection is used and that the radiation dose is kept to a minimum consistent with the diagnostic requirements.
- In conjunction with the radiography services manager participate on equipment selection, replacement, or up-grading.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment service maintenance, malfunction and downtime.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, protocols, and guidelines.
Please be advised that this is not a full job description. A full JD is available through the application portal below. To apply, please click on link below:
Should you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org