Isle of Man Government
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for highly motivated midwife sonographer to join our radiology department at Noble’s Hospital on the beautiful Isle of Man.
You will be working in our small and friendly team, with a varied workload where no two days are ever the same.
There will be many opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and skills and you will be fully supported by our experienced team through any additional training you may need.
A workplace that invests in you
- We offer competitive salaries which tend to be higher than UK salaries with annual pay increases for many roles.
- Enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days and 10 public holidays.
- Subject to meeting eligibility criteria, the IOM public service offers two pension arrangements; the Isle of Man Government unified scheme 2011 or the Isle of Man Government defined contribution (dc) arrangement.
- Step away from NHS pressures and demands! The Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS.
- Access to the staff canteen at Noble’s Hospital where you can purchase affordable food and drinks in your breaks.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Our on-site education and training centre, Keyll Darree, comprises a lecture theatre, well stocked medical library, training facilities and a state of the art simulation lab which is operated by trained simulation practitioners.
- Ability to take an unpaid career break after 3 years’ service.
- Access to the Isle of Man public service cycle to work scheme after your first year of employment.
- Access to the learning, education and development training facility, which is exclusively for public service employees, to keep on top of your continuous professional development.
- Free access to the Isle of Man Government staff welfare service which offers professional counselling, emotional support and sign-posting on a wide range of issues.
- A relocation package of up to £7,000 based on receipts is available for this role. Housing assistance is also available where the department will pay the difference between your current mortgage/rent bill, and that of your new accommodation on the Isle of Man, up to a maximum of £250 per month. This role also qualifies for a recruitment incentive of £3,000, payable in the 1st, 13th, and 25th months of employment.
Things to note
An enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which the Isle of Man Government will cover the cost of for you.
Ready to apply?
We understand that you might have some questions about the role and the recruiting manager is on hand to support you. you can contact them at: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday, December 17, 2023. If you have difficulties applying online please contact the recruitment team on (01624) 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.