Falkland Islands Government
The FIG health & social services department are looking for a radiographer/sonographer to join our existing allied health team which provides an efficient radiographic service based in the King Edward memorial hospital in the islands’ capital, Stanley. The service currently has facilities for plain film and ultrasound, and will add CT and mammography over the coming months. The service follows UK practices and standards of care, modified to meet local needs and circumstances.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced radiographer/sonographer to provide an efficient radiographic service undertaking general and specialised techniques and an ultrasound service within agreed departmental protocols. Rotation into CT after suitable training would also be required.
The role involves, but is not limited to, carrying out general radiography, theatre, mobile work, ultrasound and assisting with visiting specialist visits.
You will also be expected to work without clinical supervision and participate in a 24 hour on-call rota to provide emergency care.
- Holds a BSc in diagnostic radiography
- Post graduate qualification in medical ultrasound
- Experience in computer tomography
- 2 years’ post qualification experience in general radiography and 2 years’ experience of scanning including obstetrics, gynaecology and general medicine
- Membership of the society of radiographers and registered with HPC
- Has the ability to work and communicate effectively within a busy practice
- Fixed term contract, up to 4 years.
- Eligibility for a 25% gratuity (taxable).
- 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights package for you and any recognised dependents residing with you at post both at the beginning and end of contract, along with additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.