Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
The service manager is a key role within the medical imaging and medical physics management team. Reporting directly to the medical imaging manager, you’ll be responsible for the management of the ultrasound service at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. In collaboration with the professional lead sonographer, you’ll ensure that our service is at the leading edge of health care practice and provides the best compassionate care for patients.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of activity and finance targets and to develop and implement plans for service developments in line with trust and commissioner requirements. You’ll support the medical imaging manager, the operations director and works in partnership with the clinical director, lead clinicians and allied health professionals to define a service strategy and to deliver the operational plan.
The role will primarily focus on ultrasound but may extend to include other modality support when required.
Applications from any professional background will be considered (eg NMC/HCPC/AHP/admin).
Main duties of the job:
- Lead and manage the ultrasound service in partnership with the clinical director, medical imaging manager, professional lead sonographer and sonographers whilst sustaining effective working relationships with the consultant medical staff, and senior nursing team.
- Ensure that the operational and financial requirements of the ultrasound services are effectively managed and co-ordinated.
- Strategic planning to ensure ultrasound services are tailored to meet the demand and manage the ultrasound service as an integrated and coordinate service.
- Develop patient focused services, identifying future financial, capital and workforce requirements and ensuring that contractual, financial and performance targets are met.
- With the medical imaging manager and senior clinical team supports the development of efficient, effective and high-quality patient focused services that is responsive to changing patterns of healthcare in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a business plan for ultrasound which supports the overall strategy of the directorate and the trust and ensures that financial and performance targets are met and sustained.