Noble's Hospital, Isle of Man
About the role and our team
Exciting opportunities have arisen for highly motivated sonographers operating at band 7 and band 8a to join our radiology department at Noble’s Hospital on the beautiful Isle of Man.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of ultrasound examinations for inpatients, outpatients and GP referrals on the Isle of Man. This includes performing dating/nt, epau, anomaly, growth and telemedicine scans and also abdominal, small parts and paediatric examinations.
You will be working in our small and friendly team, with a varied workload where no two days are ever the same.
There will be many opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and skills and you will be fully supported by our experienced team through any additional training you may need.
What can this role offer me?
- By joining us you’ll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations and development
- We offer competitive salaries which tend to be higher than UK salaries with opportunities for annual pay increases for many roles
- You will enjoy generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days and 10 public holidays
- For candidates not on the Isle of Man we will reimburse your interview expenses and give you a relocation package of up to £7,000 to get you, your things and your family to the island. You will also be eligible for housing assistance to help contribute towards your mortgage or rent on the island
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to £4,400.
- Great on site facilities and free car parking
About the island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance. There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities; so if you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you’ll have lots of places to explore.
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the island’s real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you’ll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
If you are relocating or returning to the island, you can also benefit from the National Insurance Holiday Scheme, which allows you to apply for a refund on your NI contributions for your first year of living here.
A relocation package of up to £7,000 based on receipts is available for this role. Housing Assistance is also available where the department will pay the difference between your current mortgage/rent bill, and that of your new accommodation on the Isle of Man, up to a maximum of £250 per month. This role also qualifies for a recruitment incentive of £3,000, payable in the 1st, 13th, and 25th months of employment.
Please note an enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which Manx Care will cover the cost of for you. Please note if you have lived for more than 6 months outside of the UK in the last five years, you will be required to obtain a Letter of Good Standing from the appropriate authorities in the relevant locations, please read the guidance about how to obtain this letter.
How to find out more and apply
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday, October 5, 2023.